Community Blog2020-05-29T14:27:56-04:00

Community Blog

2January 2021

Video: Ego, Buddhism & Freud with Mark Epstein

January 2nd, 2021|Blog|

"You" might not be as real as you think you are. In this short video below, author and psychologist Mark Epstein explains what Buddhism has to say about living ego-free, and how Freud misunderstood it. Join Mark on Saturday, January 23rd, 2021 for an online discussion with Amy Gross examining the relationship [...]

28November 2020

A Truly Connected Life – Dan Siegel

November 28th, 2020|Blog|

In this fascinating talk recorded at Wisdom 2.0, Dan Siegel explores the definition of mind, where it resides in our bodies, how it defines our sense of self, and what it all means for our world.  Join Dan Siegel for a special online program building on the themes in the above video, "MWe and the Integration of Identity" [...]

3August 2020

A Funny Thing Happened on My Way to Learning about Meditation

August 3rd, 2020|Blog|

A funny thing happened on my way to learning about meditation: I got more than I bargained for. My 1st introduction to meditation was in the 1980s through yoga, which became a dedicated practice I developed after many classes at Kripalu Center for Yoga.  That decade also took me to Mindfulness Based Stress [...]

2August 2020

Being Intimate With Our Experience

August 2nd, 2020|Blog|

In this episode of the 10 Percent Happier Podcast with Dan Harris, New York Insight Teacher Sebene Selassie explores themes of belonging, identity and being intimate with our experiences.

1August 2020

Liberation In Any Given Moment

August 1st, 2020|Blog|

In the midst of anxiety, anger, and uncertainty, what can we do to liberate ourselves from our reactivity? Ralph De La Rosa reflects on the different ways that we can get stuck in our ego and how we can find freedom by turning towards our difficult emotions, instead of running away from them.

23July 2020

My True Dharma Home

July 23rd, 2020|Blog|

Dear friends,I came to meditation through the yoga door some 25 years ago and loved it from the start. I became a voracious student, read everything I could get my hands on, and listened to many podcasts. At the end of my first year of meditation I began to attend workshops and eventually to [...]

Go to Top