Community Blog2020-05-29T14:27:56-04:00

Community Blog

20July 2020

Feeling More Intimately Connected

July 20th, 2020|Blog|

Dear friends, I moved to New York hoping to find meaningful work and a community to support and deepen my meditation practice, as most of my experience had been of sitting alone. By the time I finally found my way to NYI, I had been unemployed for a few months. At first, I [...]

1July 2020

Living in Unusual Times

July 1st, 2020|Blog|

Dear Friends, There is so much happening for all of us that brings with it, uncertainty, isolation and fear. We are in the midst of the pandemic, protests, and the social justice movement. We are living in unusual times. We have so many challenges, but this is a time where we can [...]

3June 2020

Our Collective Pain: What Is Needed Now?

June 3rd, 2020|Blog|

George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, Sean Reed, and Tony McDade. These recent killings and the Central Park incident are all part of a long history of black people being brutalized, de-legitimized and seen as less than. This pain and grief does not belong just to the black community. It is a collective pain. [...]

28May 2020

Transforming Ourselves Transforms the World

May 28th, 2020|Blog|

by Lama Surya Das Sometimes sitting meditation seems useless when so much is going on around us. Is there another way to look at it? It’s true that sometimes meditation can seem like self-indulgent navel-gazing. Isn’t it more important to work for peace and justice, to strive to alleviate suffering, to actively address [...]

Go to Top